Friday, May 24, 2013

Samsung Galaxy S4, Turning 60 & glasses, Arch Crawford...

Hi,

Got my new Samsung Galaxy S4 yesterday!  Still working on figuring it out which is fun.  Twas time for an upgrade and my Motorola Droid was starting to act up.  So, figured I'd try something new-the S4.  Love it so far!  Couldn't play with it too much today as my eyes were dilated most of the day....thanks to trip to eye doctor.  Ya see, last week, my husband turned the big 60!  The day before his birthday, some friends were teasing him about things starting to fall apart once you turn 60....so, the day of his birthday arrives and what happens?  MY glasses break/fall apart!  Yep, just fell apart and unable to be fixed...had to go get new frames and since prescription was over two years old I had to find frames to fit the shape of the lenses...and of course couldn't get appointment til today!   So, farewell to all the plans I had today!  Now on to the research...

Archibald Crawford, who is my 4th great grandfather, is fairly well known in the history of Breathitt/Lee/Estill and Clark counties in Kentucky.  He's done some things like getting wounded in the War of 1812-scuffling with some Wyandotte Indians....ended up with quite a bit of land in Estill County and the land has ended up in several counties due to new county lines being drawn.  Still putting all of the pieces back together.  One of the most passed around stories is that he had his coffin built while alive and kept it stored under his bed.  When he was ready for the funeral (um, no, he wasn't dead when this happened-was alive and well, just decided that he wanted to be a part of his own funeral:) he threw a big party, invited pretty much everyone around and had the service as well as a big party....This should help to explain how I got to the be way I am:)

In doing some of the research, I've come across a photocopy of what looks to be a Bible record-unfortunately, it is not sourced:(  Hopefully I can keep digging and come up with the proper documentation for this source....

No comments:

Post a Comment